Monday, March 8, 2010

Agility and co-ordination - defined

In 2000 I wrote, published and claimed copyright on this concept (bolding added now):

Agility and co-ordination

The first few movements following the reaction to the stimulus rely on agility and coordination. They may be leg movements (i.e. running, jumping or cycling), or hand movements (e.g. paddling, pushing/pulling, or throwing).

Sports where this sub-quality of speed correlate highly with success (i.e. they are very important qualities), include sports where the distances moved and time frames involved are short e.g. small court sports such as basketball, netball and so on.

I was conducting research and I came upon the following exercise in a publication copyright claimed by another 'author' at a subsequent date (bolding added):

Agility and co-ordination:

This is the first few movements following the reaction to the stimulus

This is basically speed with multiple direction changes – extremely important for sports where the distances moved and the time frames involved are quite short

And I said to myself: “That looks familiar!” So I cross-referenced it and I said to myself: “Wow! No wonder that looked familiar!”

Published in the absence of credits or references to the origin or permission to use from the original author (myself), and that the 'author' claimed copyright....

No comments:

Post a Comment