Monday, March 8, 2010

Sports scientists are more like sport historians

In 1997 I wrote, published and claimed copyright on this concept (bolding added now):

When I say research, Lyn Jones, who is a former Australian now a Directors or National Coaching Director of US Weightlifting suggests that sports scientists are more like sport historians because they take what others have been doing for some time and prove it.

I was conducting research and I came upon the following exercise in a publication copyright claimed by another 'author' at a subsequent date (bolding added):

History versus Science. Lyn Jones the director of USA Weightlifting has often been quoted as saying that sports scientists are really more like sports historians. Sports scientists are often researching what coaches have been doing for years - current research is more on sports training history than current programs - researchers are often trying to validate (or invalidate) what most coaches are already doing.

And I said to myself: “That looks familiar!” So I cross-referenced it and I said to myself: “Wow! No wonder that looked familiar!”

And I came upon this wording another three more times by the same 'author' in different publications - in the absence of credits or references to the origin or permission to use from the original author (myself), and that the 'author' claimed copyright....

No comments:

Post a Comment