Monday, March 8, 2010

Multiple work sets - anatomy of

In 1999 I wrote, published and claimed copyright on this concept (bolding added now):

In a nut-shell, if you are lifting the same load for say three sets of ten, it is unlikely it was your maximum in set one. In fact, if you are able to complete three sets of ten at the same load, even if you reach exhaustion on the tenth rep of the third set, it is unlikely that even the second set was at or near your maximum.

I was conducting research and I came upon the following exercise in a publication copyright claimed by another 'author' at a subsequent date (bolding added):

In a nutshell if you are still able to lift the same load for three sets, it is likely that you have selected loads based on the facts you are doing three sets – i.e. you didn’t use your maximum load.

And I said to myself: “That looks familiar!” So I cross-referenced it and I said to myself: “Wow! No wonder that looked familiar!”

And I came upon this wording another one more times by the same 'author' in different publications - there was an unusual exception in this copying however - some loose credit was given to Ian King....however the copied text was not placed in parentheses.

No comments:

Post a Comment