Sunday, March 7, 2010

General to specific

In 2000 I wrote, published and claimed copyright on this concept (bolding added now):

This principle stresses the benefit of progressing from general training to specific training. This principle can be applied in both long-term planning (e.g. multi-year periodization) as well as short term planning (e.g. annual periodization). General to specific can viewed as opposite ends of a continuum, with relative points between (see Fig 1).

I was conducting research and I came upon the following exercise in a publication copyright claimed by another 'author' at a subsequent date (bolding added):

This principle explores the benefits of progressing from general training to more about sport specific training. This principle should be used both long term and short term when designing a conditioning program. General training to sport-specific training can be thought of as opposite ends of a continuum.

And I said to myself: “That looks familiar!” So I cross-referenced it and I said to myself: “Wow! No wonder that looked familiar!”

Published in the absence of credits or references to the origin or permission to use from the original author (myself), and that the 'author' claimed copyright....

No comments:

Post a Comment