Monday, March 8, 2010

The first work set - anatomy of

In 1999 I wrote, published and claimed copyright on this concept (bolding added now):

The primary effect of the first work set is shock. The body, subject to the laws of homeostasis and innate protective mechanisms, rarely functions optimally during the first work set.

I was conducting research and I came upon the following exercise in a publication copyright claimed by another 'author' at a subsequent date (bolding added):

... the first set of a workout tends to be a ‘shock’ to the body. The body rarely functions well during the first work set of an exercise.

And I said to myself: “That looks familiar!” So I cross-referenced it and I said to myself: “Wow! No wonder that looked familiar!”

And I came upon this wording another one more times by the same 'author' in different publications - there was an unusual exception in this copying however - some loose credit was given to Ian King....however the copied text was not placed in parentheses.

No comments:

Post a Comment