Monday, March 8, 2010

Speed endurance subquality - Repetitive speed endurance - defined

In 2000 I wrote, published and claimed copyright on this concept (bolding added now):

Repetitive speed endurance : is used in sports that are conducted over a longer and fixed time e.g. game sports, played in half’s or quarters. There is no change in duration of play. Athletes in these sports alternate between sprinting, walking, jogging, standing, sprinting and so on. An example of this would be the football codes. The metabolic and neuro-muscular requirements of this type of speed endurance are significantly different that the other two - yet invariably training for these speed sports is conducted with methods that may be more appropriate to the first two!

I was conducting research and I came upon the following exercise in a publication copyright claimed by another 'author' at a subsequent date (bolding added):

repetitive speed endurance – most applicable to sports – where you may be walking jogging and sprinting repeatedly in a quarter. There is no change in the duration of play (ie. A half, quarter etc).

And I said to myself: “That looks familiar!” So I cross-referenced it and I said to myself: “Wow! No wonder that looked familiar!”

Published in the absence of credits or references to the origin or permission to use from the original author (myself), and that the 'author' claimed copyright....

No comments:

Post a Comment