Monday, March 8, 2010

Speed endurance subquality - Intermittent speed endurance - defined

In 2000 I wrote, published and claimed copyright on this concept (bolding added now):

Intermittent speed endurance : is used in sports that are continually in motion, typically subject to timing from start to end, and alternating between medium to very fast. This occurs in sports such as middle to long distance events e.g. 1500 m to the marathon. The type of training used to replicate this requirement is fartlek - know as ‘speed-play’, or the link between speed and endurance.

I was conducting research and I came upon the following exercise in a publication copyright claimed by another 'author' at a subsequent date (bolding added):

intermittent speed endurance (longer distances where the athlete is continually in motion but alternating between medium to very fast speeds – 1500m etc), and

And I said to myself: “That looks familiar!” So I cross-referenced it and I said to myself: “Wow! No wonder that looked familiar!”

Published in the absence of credits or references to the origin or permission to use from the original author (myself), and that the 'author' claimed copyright....

No comments:

Post a Comment