Monday, March 8, 2010

Influence of anabolics on strength training program design

In 1997 I wrote, published and claimed copyright on this concept (bolding added now):

I firmly believe that strength training program design has been historically influenced by anabolic steroids. If you accept the influence that bodybuilding, weightlifting and powerlifting have had on program design, and you understand the role drugs play in these sports, you gain a fuller appreciation of this influence. In brief if you take drugs you can handle higher volumes (higher number of sets).

I was conducting research and I came upon the following exercise in a publication copyright claimed by another 'author' at a subsequent date (bolding added):

I firmly believe that program design has been greatly influenced by the bodybuilding world and steroid users - Training on drugs makes it difficult to assess which is working - the anabolics or the program.

And I said to myself: “That looks familiar!” So I cross-referenced it and I said to myself: “Wow! No wonder that looked familiar!”

And I came upon this wording another two more times by the same 'author' in different publications - in the absence of credits or references to the origin or permission to use from the original author (myself), and that the 'author' claimed copyright....

No comments:

Post a Comment