Monday, March 8, 2010

The third work set - anatomy of

In 1999 I wrote, published and claimed copyright on this concept (bolding added now):

The third and subsequent work sets - How you respond to the third and subsequent work sets may be influenced by many factors including:
• your entry level recovery (as reflected by your resting stores of metabolic and neural substrates);
• your level of specific conditioning (ability to tolerate this volume);
• nutritional/ergogenic effects on your rate of substrate/neural chemical replacement; and
• how close to maximum effort and fatigue you went on the prior two work sets.

I was conducting research and I came upon the following exercise in a publication copyright claimed by another 'author' at a subsequent date (bolding added):

A third set at the same load as sets one and two is becoming an exercise in endurance. It is influenced by recovery status, nutritional status, substrate availability and to be honest residual fatigue from sets one and two.

And I said to myself: “That looks familiar!” So I cross-referenced it and I said to myself: “Wow! No wonder that looked familiar!”

And I came upon this wording another one more times by the same 'author' in different publications - there was an unusual exception in this copying however - some loose credit was given to Ian King....however the copied text was not placed in parentheses.

No comments:

Post a Comment