Monday, March 8, 2010

The second work set - anatomy of

In 1999 I wrote, published and claimed copyright on this concept (bolding added now):

The second work set - This set is potentially the ‘best’ set. The second work set benefits from the first work set - in what can be described as ‘neural arousal’, or greater neuro-muscular innervation. Provided the rest periods between sets has been adequate (relative to your training goal), your nervous system iswoken up’ by the exposure to load in the first. The neural inhibition level (the loading level at which the body automatically shuts down to prevent injury) is raised. Psychologically, you have benefited from the exposure to the load of the first set - now you are ready, anticipating the load.

I was conducting research and I came upon the following exercise in a publication copyright claimed by another 'author' at a subsequent date (bolding added):

The second set however tends to benefit from the first set in terms of neural innvervation – the body isawake’ now. At the end of the second set, psychologically you now ‘own’ the weight.

And I said to myself: “That looks familiar!” So I cross-referenced it and I said to myself: “Wow! No wonder that looked familiar!”

And I came upon this wording another one more times by the same 'author' in different publications - there was an unusual exception in this copying however - some loose credit was given to Ian King....however the copied text was not placed in parentheses.

No comments:

Post a Comment